ETA : Here's the recipe for those who are interested to give it a go.
Lenox Almond Biscotti
What you need
- 1 1/2 cups plain flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 stick (113gm) of butter
- 1 cup sugar (I reduced it to 3/4 cup)
- 2 large eggs (I used 60gm eggs with shell)
- 1 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 3/4 cup sliced almonds, blanched or unblanched
- Preheat oven to 170C. Line baking sheet with parchment or silicone sheet.
- Sift flour, baking powder, cornmeal and salt tog and whisk to blend. Set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar tog till light, add in eggs one at a time. Scraping down the bowl as needed and whisk till mixture is light, smooth and creamy (abt 2 mins). Beat in almond extract.
- Reduce mixer speed to low, add in dry ingredients and mix till incorporated. You'll have a sticky-to-finger dough.
- Scrape half the dough onto 1 side of the baking sheet, work the dough into a log abt 12 inches long and 1 1/2inches wide. Form a 2nd log with the remaining dough on the other side of the baking sheet.
- Bake for 15mins, or until the logs are lightly golden brown but still soft and springy to touch. Remove baking sheet from oven and leave it to cool for abt 30mins.
- Cut the logs into 3/4in slices, line them cut-side up onto the baking sheet.
- Bake biscotti for another 15mins or so, till they are golden and firm. Transfer to cooling racks and store only when completely cooled.