My 1st post in 2007!
How had everyone's new year celebrations been? I hope everyone had fun. For me, it's more of resting and recharging. And also thinking of what I shd be doing more of in this new year. 12 new mths awaits me... and I'm sure it'll be full of pleasant surprises!
Anyway... back to the cookies....
These cookies are nice and crisp... and I used it for the new years cuppies. The "HAPPY NEW YEAR" cookie cutters were sent to me all the way from Penang! I figured that if i dun use it for the new year, I seriously dunno if it can be used for other occasions! haha....
Here's the recipe for those who wanna give it a try. Of course any other cookie cutters can be used....
What you need
What to do
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3/4 granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 1/2 cup plain flour
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar tog until pale. Add in egg and vanilla essence and beat till fluffy.
- In another bowl, sift together plain flour, cocao powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add sifted flour mix into the creamed butter gradually. Fold in till well combined.
- Chill dough in fridge for at least 1 hour and firm enough to handle. Preheat oven to 170C.
- Roll out dough on a lightly floured surface and cut out desired shapes using cookie cutters.
- Bake at 170C for 10 mins. Cool slightly on baking sheet then transfer to cooling rack. Cool down cookies completely before storing.
- Cookies can be frosted/decorated using icing.