Orange Chiffon Cake - Cooked Dough Method
Anyhoo... this cake turned out so fluffy and good that it was very well received by the family.
Here's the recipe for a 18cm mold.
What you need
- 4 nos. egg yolks
- 75gm cake flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 92gm orange juice (from 2 oranges)
- 40gm corn oil
- 1 tbsp orange zest (abt 2 oranges)
- 4 nos. egg whites
- 65gm castor sugar
- 1/4 tsp cream of tartar (optional)
- Preheat oven to 160C.
- Place orange juice and corn oil to boil. Once you see that the sides starts to bubble, off the heat and immediately sift in the cake flour and baking powder. Mix till combined.
- Whisk in an egg yolk at a time, till well combined, then whisk in the orange zest.