baking fiends unite!

Saturday, April 11, 2009

Easter egg cheesecake

Good Friday maybe over for most of us... especially in sg, where we enjoyed a day of public holiday yesterday.

Elyn helped me acquire this mold on her visit to the bakery supply shop last week. It was a good buy, thanks to her for thinking of me while shopping! LOL.

After I saw the mold, I had many ideas what to make out of it. However, I only started working on it y'day! Yes, on Good Friday itself.
I made a thin layer of sponge cake for the base. I added in some raspberry puree to the cheesecake batter and swirl it. It's not very obvious in the cake but the taste is evidently there. This is a non-bake cheesecake, so means it required some time in the fridge to set.
However, I am very pleased with how it turned out. The cheesecake is really delicious too!

Labels:

7 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home